Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Fuel Selector Repair

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel Selector Repair

Quote Originally Posted by SMO22 View Post
    These orings fixed mine two MS29513-011 and two MS29513-114

Did you use these?
    I used those sizes. The packaging was marked as Buna N, with the correct dash numbers for size. But it was not marked with MS numbers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I never had them leak out of the front and back, just between ports when the valve was dry for a long time. I have had brake cylinders leak, installed o'rings again and sealed fine. Only thing I could figure is I didn't hold my mouth right.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bluejeepdad View Post
    I used those sizes. The packaging was marked as Buna N, with the correct dash numbers for size. But it was not marked with MS numbers.
    Fiddy cent each at aircraftsproose, shows the diametar, mic yours and see if they match these
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SMO22 View Post
    Fiddy cent each at aircraftsproose, shows the diametar, mic yours and see if they match these
    Well, they match as close as I can measure. Hard to be exact with rubber parts.
    I'll order a some from Spruce and see if they work better. It could also be a shelf life issue with the ones I have.

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I never had them leak out of the front and back, just between ports when the valve was dry for a long time. I have had brake cylinders leak, installed o'rings again and sealed fine. Only thing I could figure is I didn't hold my mouth right.
    Well, I'll keep trying then.

It must be leaking past both the internal o-rings at the ports and past the ones that seal the front and back of the barrel. That's what makes me suspect it's the o-rings I'm using.

Thanks.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Hate to beat a dead horse but I still havent had any luck getting my plane into the shop to repair a small fuel leak( slow seep) from my fuel line coming from the right tank at the fuel selector.
    My question is can I repair the line myself ?
    And if needed will a standard tubing bender work ?

FAR 43 Appendix A(c): Preventive maintenance. Preventive maintenance is limited to the following work, provided it does not involve complex assembly operations:

(21) Replacing any hose connection except hydraulic connections.
    (22) Replacing prefabricated fuel lines.

Approval to service and logbook entry after preventive maintenance performed by Pilot/Owner:
    The owner/pilot must enter in the aircraft logbook the following information(FAR 43.9(a):
    (1) A description (or reference to data acceptable to the Administrator) of work performed.
    (2) The date of completion of the work performed.
    (3) The name of the person performing the work if other than the person specified in paragraph (4).
    (4) If the work performed on the aircraft, airframe, aircraft engine, propeller, appliance, or component part has been performed satisfactorily, the signature, certificate number, and kind of certificate held by the person approving the work. The signature constitutes the approval for return to service only for the work performed.

Number 22 says "replacing fabricated fuel lines"
    I believe if I order the correct part from Univair I can install it.
    I do run a lot of stainless tubing with Swagelok fitting at my day job so I think I can do this.
    I also have an A and P that is willing to help
    trying to get this fixed has been driving me batty. Shops here ( San Diego) are swamped and its really hard to get small things done . Annuals and overhauls keep them busy.
    We Need more A&P's and I/A's

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is not prefabricated which would be a real bear to do I believe. The shop that does your annual can't work it in?

Post Thanks / Like

JPerkins did my annual and He's up at Flaybob. But down here in San Diego its hard to get a shop to take you in for small repairs. I took it by the shop I have had some work done and the owner said He would work me in Tuesday. Still waiting . But its starting to look like that may not happen and my plane is sitting outside on the public ramp so his guys can tow it to the shop if they have time. No movement so far