Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Weight & Balance worksheet for PA22-150/160

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Weight & Balance worksheet for PA22-150/160

He needs PA22 info (he did say Tri-Pacer). Andy’s website might have an original sheet to look at if he doesn’t have one in his records. Even so, David is correct, the datum is the WLE so the arm for any panel work would be close to zero (or 60” if his current paperwork shows a datum at the nose).
    Last edited by Jeff J; 11-07-2019 at 12:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Instruments are around -2 and radios, depending on how long, usually -5 to -7 for panel mount. At least thatís what I have on the PA-16.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Here is an example W&B from a PA-22 that I fly. They put alll the avionics at station 0. Weighing was based on 60" forward of LE, then corrected.example W&B_Page_1.jpgexample W&B_Page_2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all so much. I have corrected the calculation. In the end it was a mix of the datum at the spinner and the new datum at the wing leading edge. Since the weights of the avionics are minimal, the error was minimal too. Once again, thank you very much. Happy landings.