Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: GlareShield

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GlareShield

FINALLY I have made the final parts !!!!! This has cost me a LOT of doughnuts and coffee, and some other refreshments after work If anyone is interested in buying one they are ready. This is molded after mine from my 64 Colt, the part # is 14996-04 and will fit serial #'s 22-8823 and up. I am asking $150 plus $20 for packaging and shipping in the continental US. You will have to drill your own holes for mounting and for the compass. You will have a little final sanding to do around the edges for a custom fit. I did not include a hole for the ash tray !!! You can cut and modify it if you want the ash tray. I also did not cut out the slots over the speaker grill, you can router those out if you want the holes. These are made from ABS plastic just as the original was. final glareshield 002.jpgfinal glareshield 004.jpg

I am waiting for some info from another glare shield from a 58 Tri-Pacer to see if my mold can be modified to fit. Maybe I can get some other molds made for the other 3 part #'s. I have not had any luck finding the blueprints for these parts so it is very difficult to make a part. This part has been in the works since last year. PM me if you want one.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like your time and effort has produced a fine part, best of luck
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That looks awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,
    I will be taking your glareshield prototype out to the Pacer today. I will report back with pictures. My fingers are crossed that it fits.

Rich

Post Thanks / Like

Bruce,
    I tried the prototype today. As far as I can tell it fits VERY well! My serial number is 22-6510.

Here is a link to some pictures. Check out my current glareshhield. ;-)

Rich

http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/rs...ry/glareshield

Password = nonglare

Post Thanks / Like

Rich,
    I would say from looking at the pics. that it fits very well !!! This is very good news It looks like I will have to make sure I include 1958 Tri-Pacers all the way through 1964 Colts to the list!!! I do know it does not fit a 57' Tri-Pacer. I was going by the Piper parts man. for the serial #'s. I am still not sure why Piper used 2 different part #'s, must be something different. I do have 9 left to sell. If for any reason you don't like it I will refund 100% of your money minus shipping. I will take checks, money orders and Pay-Pal. Send me a PM if you want one.
    Rich thanks for trying it out !!![

BruceQUOTE=richas;61470]Bruce,
    I tried the prototype today. As far as I can tell it fits VERY well! My serial number is 22-6510.

Here is a link to some pictures. Check out my current glareshhield. ;-)

Rich

http://s1227.photobucket.com/user/rs...ry/glareshield

Password = nonglare[/QUOTE]

Post Thanks / Like

That looks great. Sure looks like it would fit my '57. Mine is aluminum with carpet on it. Still looks ok though.

Tim

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Re: GlareShield

Dang........ Mine is a '55.
    But I will say that it sure looks sweeeet. !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MN_flyer1 View Post
    That looks great. Sure looks like it would fit my '57. Mine is aluminum with carpet on it. Still looks ok though.

Tim
    Tim,
    We tried it in a 57' Tri-Pacer and it did not fit. Maybe later we can modify the mold and get it to fit. The mounting holes didn't all line up. A couple of them were not covered with plastic.

Bruce

Post Thanks / Like

GOOD NEWS !!!!!! Rich tried the glare shield in his 58' TP and it fits Seems both part #'s 14996-00 & 14996-04 are the same for all intent purposes. Check out his post above and check the photos.
    My old glare shield measured 75 thousands thick and these measure 95 thousands thick. Should help with the cracking issues.

Bruce
    Last edited by bndbelle; 06-11-2013 at 04:06 PM.