Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fuel hose

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Fuel hose

Where do you get the Aeroquip, and is it TSO'd? I'm not finding it at Aircraft Spruce.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can't remember where I got it.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Any of those search results bring up the hose for sale or information on whether they are TSO'd? I didn't see any, but I could be missing something obvious.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tried some of the superflex sure to kink stuff from Aircraft Spruce... front left side kinked....NOT using that chit! Tried some NAPA stuff... it worked w/o kinking. I have a problem the quality and lack of longevity with just about everything NAPA sells...90%+ comes from China. Tried ordering the MIL-H-6000-6 from Browns Aircraft supply... just received notice they won’t have it in stock for a couple weeks..was beginning to think every vendor was out! Found some at Glacier aircraft parts... after my order they have 24” remaining in stock...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Call Precision Hose Technology in Tulsa, tell them what you need, and they can probably can make it for you at a reasonable price.
    My buddy sent them all his PA28 oil and fuel hoses and they built a new set (I think re-using the fittings where applicable) and he said they did a great job.
    https://www.aircrafthose.com/
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

The fuel hose for the fuel tank outlet to fuselage fuel line just slips over a hose nipple with a common hose clamp on each end. Nothing to make but it is very short and a tight fit with an offset so the hose has to be resistant to kinking. A short straight piece of MIL-H-6000 works best as Mark noted.
    See post 16 of this thread.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 07-16-2021 at 02:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Geller View Post
    Call Precision Hose Technology in Tulsa, tell them what you need, and they can probably can make it for you at a reasonable price.
    My buddy sent them all his PA28 oil and fuel hoses and they built a new set (I think re-using the fittings where applicable) and he said they did a great job.
    https://www.aircrafthose.com/
    I'm a dork.
    Didn't read the earlier part of the post and thought you were looking for the hose from gascolator to carb.
    I think I'll blame the cat for distracting me.

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

better yet, it was probably Steve's cats
    "Progress is our most important problem"

Post Thanks / Like

I want to replace my wing root fuel hoses on my 1959 PA-22/20-160, but I'm not sure what to use. I read this thread, but Aircraft Spruce FAQs says that Super-Flex 397 is not authorized for certified aircraft, not sure about MIL-6000, although Steve mentioned it isn't listed for fuel. Not sure about Aeroquip 1525, or if it is now obsolete and being replaced with Aeroquip 2556. I don't know what to use.
    How do you figure out what is an acceptable hose that is TSO/PMA compliant?