Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: M20 oil seperator

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: M20 oil seperator

Thanks for the post Mmoyle, that place answred my questions
    Bob Didisse, McCall, ID.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Here be the place
    http://m20turbos.hypermart.net/breather.htm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Spent last Saturday under the Pacer cleaning the belly. It's time to install one of these.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

After reading the installation instructions again....will be connecting/welding the drain line to the number three cylinder oil drain line.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Pacer42Z View Post
    Thank you, that is exactly what I was looking for. Spent last Saturday under the Pacer cleaning the belly. It's time to install one of these.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z
    Don't know if your oil issues are new or recently got worse. That's what happened with us and why we got fed up and installed the M20. Turned out that the majority of the problem was a failing wet vacuum pump that we didn't realize. We installed the M20 on the engine breather and still had tons of oil on the belly. We thought we'd been had and the M20 wasn't working. Since it all gets swirled around you couldn't tell where it was coming from so we had to isolate the vent line (tied a coke can to the end) to figure out that it wasn't coming out the engine breather. Felt a little stupid it was venting out the OTHER vent line for the vacuum pump. After the M20 we then installed a dry vacuum pump. Now our belly is VERY dry but I'm not sure we would have bothered with the M20 for what was really coming out the engine breather.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

We thought we'd been had and the M20 wasn't working. Since it all gets swirled around you couldn't tell where it was coming from so we had to isolate the vent line (tied a coke can to the end) to figure out that it wasn't coming out the engine breather. Felt a little stupid it was venting out the OTHER vent line for the vacuum pump. After the M20 we then installed a dry vacuum pump. Now our belly is VERY dry but I'm not sure we would have bothered with the M20 for what was really coming out the engine breather.[/QUOTE]

My O-290D with a dry vacuum pump and 6 quarts in the pan still puked oil.....just not as much at 7 quarts. Figure since the cowl is under construction..... Haven't installed/made the crank case aluminum vent line yet.... Have new M20 that's been sitting on the shelf unloved for years.... That many O320's puke oil.... Even though the engine hasn't run yet...after overhaul....that I'd install the air/oil separator...now.

Post Thanks / Like

If you got it, use it. I was just suggesting that you confirm the source of the oil before going out and buying one.
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried to purchase one of these lately? I went on their Web-Page (http://m20turbos.hypermart.net/breather.htm) and found that the internet purchase page doesn't work. Their regular order number (1-800-421-1316) is out of service and the temporary toll free order number (1-866-620-2667) provides one recording after another about stuff you can buy from medical alert systems to special TV offers, but no M-20 air/oil separator. Are they out of business?

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Odd...did you try the email address?
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by smcnutt View Post
    Odd...did you try the email address?
    Yes I did, it bounced back. Looks like they are out of business. What are good alternatives approved for PA-22 (20)? I looked at Airwolf (http://www.aircraftspruce.com/menus/...eparators.html), but they are really expensive.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 51-pa22 View Post
    Frank,
    Here is on old installation, cleaned up a bit.
    This is photo from an old post by one of y'all, but relative to my situation. I want to redo the crankcase breather/separator plumbing on my 55 PA22-150 (currently mounted to firewall by the voltage regulator) and this looks like a good solution. But what is the connection from the oil return hose to what appears to be a fitting on a flat area on #4 rocker cover?
    Hard to tell from the photo, it gets grainy when I zoom in.
    Anyone have a similar or creative installation on a Tri-Pacer with the brake master on engine mount?
    Thanks, GG tapatalk_1561746453742.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"