Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 25 amp generator

Dundee,(Weston)NY and Hernando ,( Holder) Florida
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 25 amp generator

Does anyone have one of the old 25 amp generators for an O-320 on a Tripacer? It is #1101899. Need one working, I have one that isn't. Larry Huntley asqfly@gmail.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 25 amp generator

Aircraft spruce has Overhauled by Aerotech of Louisville. The number you gave however is listed as a 20AMP?
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...?clickkey=3525

Todd
    Last edited by Vagabondblues; 02-18-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 25 amp generator

Thanks Todd. I thought it was 25. The reason I am looking for a used generator is that my armature is bad and repair would be more than the value of a used one. A lot of folks have pulled them for 35 amp and larger. I checked ACS and found alternators ,but no generators.

Quote Originally Posted by 61Chuck View Post
    Aircraft spruce has Overhauled by Aerotech of Louisville. The number you gave however is listed as a 20AMP?
    http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...?clickkey=3525

Todd

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 20 amp generator

Okay ,found the one in ACS. Would still like to find a good used one for a bit less money. Larry

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 20 amp generator

I have a 35 amp. I want to use it to replace the 20 amp. I am told the brackets are spaced about 1-1/2" longer than the 20 amp. This 35 came off a Tipacer like mine, same O-320. Plane is here . Sparkie stuff is 100 mi away. Can someone tell me what I need to do to make this work? I need to know before I tell the shop to do the overhaul. Any info will be gratefully appreciated. Thanks, Larry