Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 9th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar is Graham, TX Feb 15-24.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar is Graham, TX Feb 15-24.

I should have added in my survey that if there are any Supercubs around; I'd love to hop a ride in one if possible. Embarrassing to say but I've never been in one; I've only had a little time in a J3 and of course my PA22/20 and would like to see how they perform from the seat rather than video.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great. Couple of the Super Cub guys coming in at 11:30 and 1 on Friday. Both are great guys and have been here several times before and they are offering rides. look here. http://www.supercub.org/forum/showth...827#post593827

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sophistical View Post
    I should have added in my survey that if there are any Supercubs around; I'd love to hop a ride in one if possible. Embarrassing to say but I've never been in one; I've only had a little time in a J3 and of course my PA22/20 and would like to see how they perform from the seat rather than video.
    That should be no problem. If the weather permits there should be plenty of bar hopping going on.
    103_8697.jpg103_8816.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    That should be no problem. If the weather permits there should be plenty of bar hopping going on.
    That's great!

Post Thanks / Like

Sophistical, I've finally committed. Sent the survey to Cathy just a bit ago, but still have yet to book the flight. I was also hoping to leave MHT in Nh at around 6 AM for a 12:30 or so arrival at DFW on Friday the 14th. Most likely on USAir at this point. I'd love to carpool if the offer's still on. I need to wait until I get home to do the reservation on my desktop. PM me or contact me at waltbuskey@hanovernorwichschools.org and we can coordinate. Thanks, Walt

Post Thanks / Like

The offer is still on, just confirmed my plans for the return trip today, I fly out of DFW around 5:30 so hopefully that trip will work as well. I'll reserve a rental car. I booked the hotel across the street from the airport for convenience sake.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, what is airport ID for Graham, TX. May try to fly over from MS for the fun.....I am still dealing with CHT issues, see latest update to the CHT thread. Is there anyone camping on the airport? Is that an option.....tent in a hanger? Airport office couch? I would be willing to offer BFRs in owners aircraft at a great rate....if anyone needed to get that box checked off.

Or just come over to meet everyone in person, and enjoy.....I have some fabric blems I need a consult on, so that may be my focus as well

Mark Stevens
    228-424-3768 cell

Post Thanks / Like

KRPH KRPH Graham I.d.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes, RPH is the identifier. We have had people camp in years past. Sometimes it gets chilly at night but they have crashed in the shop of office and shared the shower in the apartment upstairs. My hanger is the only thing on the east side of runway 18/36. Pierce Aero Hanger

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Looks like our snow and cold weather will be gone next weekend. Calling for 70 degrees all weekend.