Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accepting responsibility yes or no?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Accepting responsibility yes or no?

I admit that I have had a couple of expensive insured "incidences" that were fully covered by Insurance - I never involved the FAA and the Insurance Company did not require the FAA involvement. With the extent of damage and no injuries - why involve the FAA?

Post Thanks / Like

The incident was reported to the troopers in Bethel. The entire community was at the airport a few minutes after the crumple job. The trooper who called me wanted to make sure I filed a report.....was in the middle of the FAA/NTSB conference call when the Trooper called me....... I'm expected to cross all my tees and dot my eyes here. Was the primary care provider here (community health practitioner) for 11 years which created a few folks who do not like me....mandatory reporting of sexual abuse of minors and elders...now the elected city err um... schmuck and continually under a microscope.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I blew up your pictures and see what you mean. I think I would forward those on to the FAA and ask about not have to do the ride. Maybe someone there will have common sense and it will prevail.

Post Thanks / Like

Don't know if I posted the final decision from the FAA? The engineers at the FAA determined the accident was caused by metal fatigue and cracks....no check ride....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Good news. Hope you get it in the air soon.

Post Thanks / Like

"Good news. Hope you get it in the air soon." Ditto. As another owner of an antique… well, could have been me. (Hope it won't be!)

Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by walt.buskey View Post
    "Good news. Hope you get it in the air soon." Ditto. As another owner of an antique… well, could have been me. (Hope it won't be!)

Walt
    Me too. No work on the Pacer today. The post master from Goodnews showed up just as I started on another fuel line. She's here to train me....I'm the post master here. Like that means diddly. Pay sucks and cuts into my project time. I'm there just long enough to sort and deliver the mail.....cept today. Wish someone in Platinum wanted the job. To entice someone? I've offered to build a new post office....one with running water, toilet and enough room to take more than a few steps in any direction...but have to renegotiate the lease agreement with the post office. Another quagmire of government red tape to deal with. The building is 79 years old...wnt out of plumb along time ago.
    Mark M.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

Default Accepting responsibility yes or no?

Today for the first time in over two years...the Pacer is on a taxiway...not that it's finished... Moved the pacer to the airport while the Fabricman "Marv" and I pour the pad in the Hanger. Marv....the guy I bought the pacer from three years ago....flew up from Arkansas a few days ago to help with the new powerhouse project...pouring the hanger floor and new basket ball court for the school..and to work wth me on the wings...he's not leaving platinum until his ice chest is full f salmon and the Pacer is flying....

Post Thanks / Like

Mark,
    just pulled an old pacer wing off and apart. Let me know if you need any bits.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Kool...thanks Rocket R....