Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interav Alternator Installation Instructions

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Interav Alternator Installation Instructions

Interav Alternator Installation Instructions
    Attached Files Attached Files

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Interav Alternator Installation Instructions

I've read the instructions. What I can't find is the wording for the Over Voltage Relay Placard. Interav 415-40054 Placard. Can any of you help?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Harper View Post
    I've read the instructions. What I can't find is the wording for the Over Voltage Relay Placard. Interav 415-40054 Placard. Can any of you help?
    Here is original placard:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for a great service to the Interav community, Brian. As far as I know that is the first and only time that has been posted to the web. It is a big help to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Clayton Harper View Post
    Thank you for a great service to the Interav community, Brian. As far as I know that is the first and only time that has been posted to the web. It is a big help to me.
    You're welcome ! BTW I had to do that reset sequence one time over the years, so it does work.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    You're welcome ! BTW I had to do that reset sequence one time over the years, so it does work.
    Brian,
    We have the interav in our Tri-Pacer. I'm just curious what prompted the need for a reset that one time? That placard is on the panel, but we've never had to reset it.

Zac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Zac Weidner;92630]Brian,
    We have the interav in our Tri-Pacer. I'm just curious what prompted the need for a reset that one time?

The day I had to do the reset, was no different than any other start up. By habit I crank and start the engine with all lights and avionics off, as well as the Alt Field switch off. After engine start I first switch on the Alt Field while observing the ammeter. That day was totally normal with a brief charge of 5 amps or so which quickly drops back to just slightly positive of zero amps. Following powering up the avionics, contacting ground, and proceeding to taxi out to the run up area, I noticed as some point the ammeter was showing a discharge. I cycled the Field off and back on a couple times which made no improvement. After reaching the run up area I was able to shut down all lights and avionics and then perform the over voltage reset sequence, and this brought every thing back to normal. That was about 2 years ago and never happened since. I installed this Alt STC almost 20 years ago, and except for one regulator failure about 10 years ago, it has been trouble free.
    Brian
    Monrovia, CA

Post Thanks / Like

What are the pros and cons of having the interav alternator over the old generator? My current pacer project has all the components except I don't have the actual alternator. I think they are pricey. I may just stick with the old generator. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPad using ShortWingPipers.Org

Post Thanks / Like

50 amps vs 20 amps. Charges at idle. Charges while the landing, taxi and nav lights are on. If you have $500 each LED landing, taxi and nav lights then keep your generator.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I swapped my generator for an alternator because I kept coming in after dark and the generator wouldn't keep up with my old incandescent landing lights.