Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 37 of 44 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    I used to fly with a tablet. On my first check-out in my Tripe I forgot it. I used my phone instead and never went back. I was just putting it under my leg, but got to thinking, "what happens if i hit some rough stuff and it hits the floor?" So I came across this holder "tackform" and mated it to a Ram mount. Compact, out of the way, there when you need it.Attachment 16778Attachment 16780Attachment 16781

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    Nice, that's not a bad mount!

I have a 495 mounted in the panel so that's my 95% solution. Foreflight running on the ipad down on my lap for ADS-B traffic (I glance down every couple of minutes) and for METAR checks. Otherwise I fly eyes up and navigate from the 495/pilotage.

I've got a big blank space on the right side of my panel since I installed a JPI EDM 350, I might fab up an angled mount from aluminum that I can bolt into the existing panel holes for now. In the future I have a vision of installing an AV30 and Trig radio/xponder in the left side, moving my EDM 350 to the left, flush-mounting my ipad in the center, and moving all my CBs/switches to the right side. Funding and time are what's keeping that from happening right now, haha.

Post Thanks / Like

J, I am looking at the pocket you have under the pop-out window on the picture above. Did that come pre-installed on your interior panel, or did you install it separately with the same fabric? I would love to have a pocket for checklists.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FFSchooley View Post
    J, I am looking at the pocket you have under the pop-out window on the picture above. Did that come pre-installed on your interior panel, or did you install it separately with the same fabric? I would love to have a pocket for checklists.
    That came with the "Airtex" panel the previous owner installed. It's nice to have, but I'm not as big of a fan as some on the Airtex upholstery.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of any PA22 interior upholstery kits (seats and side panels) other than Airtex out there?
    Last edited by Subsonic; 04-09-2020 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

Post Thanks / Like

Transponder installation is complete. I will likely add the SkyBeacon sometime this summer for my adsb solution. IMG_2777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cozzmo81 View Post
    Transponder installation is complete. I will likely add the SkyBeacon sometime this summer for my adsb solution. IMG_2777.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    Adam thanks for sharing a pic of your panel. It looks very clean. I was wondering about what appears to be some kind of stand off attachment between your windshield and fuselage struts above the glare shield. What is that?

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. My Pacer is a 1950 that a previous owner installed a later model panel in. I have a new panel blank from Clyde Smith that I will install later. The stubs on the V brace as I understand it are for the earlier flat windshields. I guess they could flex inward at high speeds. The stubs were added to keep this from happening.

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org

Post Thanks / Like

I made two more improvements to the blanking plates on the radio stack today. The first is the RAM mount for my phone on the lower panel. The second is a laser etched top panel complete with N number.
    IMG_4179.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

VERY nice! Looks like that might fit my '56 T-P....? Any data on what that will fit? Weight savings?

Instr. Panel 9:12.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Panel rebuild in progress... will update when complete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk