Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show Us Your Panel! (Pictures)

Quote Originally Posted by Claytonpaul View Post
    Is your manifold pressure gauge stuck at 35? Mine is and it looks like yours is too. Any idea why? Wish I had read this post earlier. Just replaced my tach with a traditional one. Cost almost the exact same but yours is way better.

Sent from my iPhone using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    No, my MAP gauge is not stuck. It shows inches of mercury and it moves when running and in flight. 29.92 is standard atmos., right? Mine showing 32 inches or so is probably about right on a warm day in FL. I really only pay attention to it when going to higher altitudes...

Post Thanks / Like

Ah yes. Thank you for responding. After I posted that I did some research and figured out what you just described! Somehow in all my training that’s one tidbit I missed. Mine was stuck there however. I guess from sitting at the same spot for so long. After a couple hours flying it’s back to normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Nice arrangement. I would love to move things around to put my tablet on the dash. Problem is I'm left handed and would be spastic trying to maneuver the darn thing. Therefore its relegated to my lap.

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    Last edited by J Ryd; 11-29-2019 at 07:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

IMG_2775.JPGBeforeIMG_3712.JPG After
    These are picture of 991RB Almost A Vagabond It is a colt that was converted to a Wagabond

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Done... Pinky finger a little sore from lacing....
    Mark, Is this plane flying now? Great work.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Mark, Is this plane flying now? Great work.

Dang that looks clean!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm making some more changes. I ordered the GRT mini GA but they are back ordered for 6 weeks. In the meantime, I got my Dynon D3 with touchscreen in (Dynon exchange program for D2). I wanted a more classic gauge configuration so I bought the Univair STC and installed it. These are old (on the left) and 2 new pics. The far right didn't come out very well but its with the hangar doors closed and my interior red lights on and the D3 powered up. I'm going to put the Mini GA where the D3 is when it comes in, and the D3 will become a true backup. Now to get the new UBG-16 and fuel flow gauges on the right side.
    IMG_3488.JPGIMG_3494.JPG

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Thats waay brighter than my stock setup. Are you using LED red cabin lights? Or just stock bulbs?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    Thats waay brighter than my stock setup. Are you using LED red cabin lights? Or just stock bulbs?
    Red LED's. Yes they are brighter. My original bulbs were too dim for me. The setting for the pic you see is about 50% level in brightness. In fact you can really turn them up. Don't ask me about Watts or Lumens or even the brand as I don't know. Chinese bulbs of different wattage types were purchased as an experiment. Figured I could always put back the originals if I didn't like any of them. They won't fit the stock shades, so I made the new shades out of 1" PVC slip-slip fittings, filed a simple notch to fit the original fixture and painted them flat black. The inside of the slip slip is still PVC white for best reflection of radiated light. Some of the bulbs were too bright even on the lowest settings. The ones I kept in the plane are a nice balance and give a nice variation from dim to full bright. Just buy some and try them. They're fairly cheap.