Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Shortwing! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show us your Shortwing! (Pictures)

Welcome! Nice Pacer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mcclanahan.luke View Post
    Hi, I’m new to the short wing piper group and wanted to post some pictures of the new bird, finally had a nice weather day and was able to fly her home this week. Attachment 16676

Attachment 16674Attachment 16675
    Welcome to the Short Wing community. You will find a wealth of information here about our airplanes. Looks like a nice Pacer

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Coongratulatioons and welcome aboard.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the warm greetings. I met Jim Miller at the tullohoma TN field and he said y’all were a great group of guys!!!. I look forward to enjoying many years as a member of this community, and learning from y’all’s collective experience.

Post Thanks / Like

I was asked to show more about my Pacer on my YouTube Channel. Here is a link to it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OktsmuHiWKM . It shows in detail pretty much all about my Pacer with the mods that were either already made when I purchased it over 20 years ago and then things I added.

Juergen
    Pacer N3342Z

Post Thanks / Like

Another very good video Juergen! Your recent painting project on the cowling and wheel pants turned out great too. Congrats on your upcoming retirement. Keep up the good work on videoing, flying and restoring your Pacer!

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is in self sequester for a while it gets un-frankensteined--- and some long needed TLC. I adopted it from the
    dog pound before it was abandoned---- don't know what I will find until I get the skull open !
    100_3573.JPGpre-weld.jpgplane2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

New Pacer owner. Just brought 7258D home to California. 1957 PA-22/20-160. Fixing a couple things before continuing my tail wheel training. Hoping the Stewart tips, VGs and leading edge performance exhaust will help this 160+hp short wing explore the back country
    9667862C-FEC4-4FEC-A4A4-5D4E8A82C1C7.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xplritt View Post
    New Pacer owner. Just brought 7258D home to California. 1957 PA-22/20-160. Fixing a couple things before continuing my tail wheel training. Hoping the Stewart tips, VGs and leading edge performance exhaust will help this 160+hp short wing explore the back country
    9667862C-FEC4-4FEC-A4A4-5D4E8A82C1C7.jpeg

Nice plane! Where are you in Cali? the state of southern or northern? I have had a PA22/20 most of my long adult life. Great plane but not necessarily the best short field. I have wondered about some VGs and if that would help at all. Of course a climb prop would help but limit cruise speed. I have had one with and without droop tips..??

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by campipilot View Post
    Nice plane! Where are you in Cali? the state of southern or northern? I have had a PA22/20 most of my long adult life. Great plane but not necessarily the best short field. I have wondered about some VGs and if that would help at all. Of course a climb prop would help but limit cruise speed. I have had one with and without droop tips..??
    SoCal, Rosamond. Definitely not a Cub but it should go most places I want for now. Long term plan might include stretching and slats. Right now I’m dealing with rigging the tail wheel properly. It wasn’t steering correctly, upon inspection I found the internal spring and steering arm ramp damaged.
    EE950670-A20C-4771-9D8E-361A2BDA928B.jpeg548B04F4-4BD1-4473-ACFE-106046732E95.jpeg
    can’t wait to get flying....