Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 32 of 50 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Show us your Shortwing! (Pictures)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Show us your Shortwing! (Pictures)

Hey Greg,

I'm hangered at Arlington. Fly over Ault field (NAS Whidbey) to and from the San Juans. They have vectored me a few times. After about a minute, we'll have two F-18's on either side of us, (underneath us) on their (IFR) descent to Ault. Beautiful stuff and, cool as heck!!! I'm usually at 3000', so they're kind enough to pass bellow us.

Will most likely get my SES this year at Kenmore. It's just a 5min bike ride from where i live. I know when it's 8AM; can hear/see them taking off.

The sun burst paint scheme is popular. Can't wait to see what colors you chose. I take spin control/recovery training in a white/green sun burst schemed Decathlon. It's a restored beauty, as well.

Hope to end up at Paine some day, only because it's a 15-20min. drive from my house. (and my grandpa built it, "KPAE")

Larry
    N11YB (Yellow Bird)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Larry,

That is a great area. I forgot how much of a flying community there is in Washington State. I grew up watching my uncles fly GA and my Dad was an NFO/ECMO aboard EA-6Bs. My first flight was with my uncle out of the airport at Whidbey Island. We all grew up calling it White Knuckle. It was great adventures.

I agree with you about the F/A-18s and having them in the same pattern. For me it was the Intruder and Prowlers. Last time I was in the area my uncle and I flew to Friday Harbor for lunch and had a P-3 go underneath us on visual to Ault Field. It's an amazing area to be able to fly in.

I absolutely recommend Kenmore for your SES. I know there is a company in Renton, but I love that I did it at Kenmore. They have some great planes to learn in and their instructors are passionate about flying. Sometimes you forget about the excitement and when I fly with pilots making their way as CFIs and cutting their teeth at Kenmore was a lot of fun. It made flying exciting again for me. I'm a little jealous you live so close to it. There is a great little diner nearby you can get breakfast and coffee and then walk down and watch the planes come and go. Made for a great Saturday morning.

I did my tailwheel work in a Super Decathlon in a Yellow and Blue/White sunburst paint scheme. I loved that airplane. Only two seats so it wasn't much of an option for the family but it was fun to fly by myself a lot! The 1936 Gulfhawk paint scheme is pretty similar and is close to what I would like to do for 31D. I've been considering a subdued color for the paint. Maybe a gray base (like the current Jeep wrangler color) with either a navy blue or black. Then again I could go with the orange and white with black accents. So many choices!

KPAE would be a neat place to be based. You've got the Flying Heritage Museum there and a lot of history. I'd love to get together if I make my way out to Washington again.

Greg
    N5731D

Post Thanks / Like

pacer.jpgThis was a few years ago back in AK.

15595781_755238571295421_98735999_o.jpgThis was the state a few months ago during complete rebuild. Wiring and fuel lines are almost finished.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tim kerns View Post

This is a sharp airplane!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, First longer flight with CF-UWA to Bashaw airstrip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Just finished an excellent weekend camping trip to the Red Deer Forestry landing strip! Sleeping under the wing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Re: Show us your Shortwing! (Pictures)

Looks awesome! Had to add this one to my photos.

Post Thanks / Like

Been sick for a couple weeks but after dinner I decided it was time for a short hop around the vill...

taxied back into the hanger and thought it was worth a photo...

image.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Nice photo op.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb