Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: How to upload pictures directly to SWP.org

Post Thanks / Like

Default How to upload pictures directly to SWP.org

Steve, if this needs to be moved, please do!

Gang,

I'll keep this as a step-by-step process, though there are a few ways to upload pictures to a forum such as this. I'll outline the differences as we go along and I'll be using this thread for pictorial demos so if you zoom in to the pics you'll feel a little deja-vu!

Step one: Have a picture that you'd like to upload. I'm going to use a screenshot of this:

Picture 1.jpg

Next, you'll click on the "Insert Image" icon, circled here in red:

Picture 1-5.jpg

Next you'll want to ensure the "From Computer" tab is selected (circled in red), and then click on the "Select Files" button (also circled).

Picture 2.jpg

If you have a bunch of pictures to upload, select them all here, you can hold the "Ctrl" button on your keyboard and click on each picture you want. Once they are in the New Thread or New Post edit window you can click and hold on each picture to drag it around the text and place it where you want. Or you can upload each picture individually from start to finish using these steps, it's really your choice. This is what the select files window looks like:

Picture 3.jpg

Once you've selected your files, click on the "Open" button, which I've circled in the above picture, and then the following menu appears:

Picture 4.jpg

At this point you can either select more files for uploading ("Select Files" button, as noted earlier), you can clear the list if you mistakenly selected the wrong photos, or you can "Upload File(s)" by click the circled button.

This will upload pictures directly to your thread or post in the Shortwing Pipers.org forum. There are other ways of uploading pictures through websites like photobucket or imgur which may appeal to ya'll that are members of multiple boards that I can cover later if anyone wants another step-by-step.

Please, ask any questions you have and I'll answer them as I can!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to upload pictures directly to SWP.org

Great, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

A tutorial on uploading photos. Thanks Cameron.

Post Thanks / Like

How about a tutorial on how to place the pictures in a thread where everyone can see them, and the different methods of placing them in a thread where they either appear as a thumbnail or full size picture. Possible?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cameron's tutorial is the way I do it. Once the thumbnail is in the post double left click the thumbnail and select large and it will blow it up.
    IMG_0735.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Just trying it out, the first picture is me trying to comprehend the process, I'm handicapped when it comes to driving a dell. I guess it depends on what you take the picture with and file type and aspect ratio as too how large your picture is. Thanks for the lesson, its much easier than the way I was doing it. Btw, I attached three pictures below.