Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 10th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015

Had lots of calls, PMs and emails so I figured I better post. The dates for the 10th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015. More details to post soon. Hard to believe it has been 9 years since the first gathering here.
    Last edited by Steve Pierce; 01-08-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015

Is it open to any piper enthusiast, or a&p's only?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

No A&P needed. In years past we have had people with no experience at all just wanting to get familiar with Rag and Tube Pipers who thought they might like one, to current Piper owners and A&P/IAs. We learn something from all of them. It is a fun event with a lot of comradery.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been looking forward to this ever since I got my Clipper. I will be driving down from Winnipeg (leaving Thursday morning) and staying the whole week. I have room if anyone near me needs a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any cost to attend? Can I bring some parts off my own PA-22/20 project to work on?

Post Thanks / Like

Heck JPerkins, he let's me show up and I don't know squat about squat. This will be my 4th year I think and not that I'm any smarter than I was the first year but I figure just by osmosis I should be picking something up. If you haven't gone before, well worth it, even if it's just to have the honor to meet the woman that has to put up with Steve. A lot of learn'n, good food, good people, and a good time. Highly recommended.

Post Thanks / Like

Currently trying to talk the woman who puts up with me to let me go.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harold Kroeker View Post
    I have been looking forward to this ever since I got my Clipper. I will be driving down from Winnipeg (leaving Thursday morning) and staying the whole week. I have room if anyone near me needs a ride.
    Anyone from the NE heading to Texas down I-44, you are welcome to stop and spend the night with us in Vienna Mo, (about a days drive NE of Texas) My wife and I live in a 5 bedroom house (I think we can sleep 12) on an old cattle ranch as even the Pierce family can attest. I don't get a chance to talk airplanes much. I hope to attend as well, at least for a weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pistoncan View Post
    Anyone from the NE heading to Texas down I-44, you are welcome to stop and spend the night with us in Vienna Mo, (about a days drive NE of Texas) My wife and I live in a 5 bedroom house (I think we can sleep 12) on an old cattle ranch as even the Pierce family can attest. I don't get a chance to talk airplanes much. I hope to attend as well, at least for a weekend.
    pistoncan, I'll be flying down from STL on an airline jumpseat (my own or other). When I get the wings back on I'll come down your way!

Quote Originally Posted by JPerkins View Post
    Currently trying to talk the woman who puts up with me to let me go.
    I'll be in the same boat if the scheduling gods smile upon me. Warm(er) weather and Texas BBQ sound good too!
    1957 PA-22/20 "Super Pacer" based 1H0
    Lifetime EAA member
    Vintage Aircraft Association member
    Lifetime EAA Chapter 32 member

Post Thanks / Like

Is there a local campground or other "acceptable area" for those who might motorhome for the week? At this point I'm just toying with the idea but I think the question is valid for all potential participants.

Thanks!

Todd Loes
    Waterloo, IA
    Todd Loes -- Waterloo, IA
    (PA22-150 N3568Z)