Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 10th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 9th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015

Just curious if it is cool to fly in for just a day or two. Between work and family I don't think that I could spare more than a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like

If my memory serves me correctly, (i am sure Steve will chime in with the details) In the past they had a rate for the weekend and all week.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruinpilot View Post
    Just curious if it is cool to fly in for just a day or two. Between work and family I don't think that I could spare more than a couple of days.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We have lots of folks come in for a few days and some for the whole week. We have accommodated several motor homes around my hanger. Gary and Sharon are great hosts if you happen by their place and it is a good days drive from here. I will post costs shortly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 10th Annual Piper Restoration Seminar in Graham, TX Feb 13-20, 2015

Had a brain fart,this is the 10th not the 9th. Corrected the title.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve, do you have any sort of an agenda? Is Chris's plane complete or is that part of the work plan? Looking forward to visiting but want to maximize my time; not sure how much time I'll be able to take off. I am hoping to fly down from WI; weather and work permitting. My Pacer could use some rigging and maybe a fuel flow gauge and transducer. Maybe demonstrating rigging would be interesting for the group?

Post Thanks / Like

Ditto on the rigging for sure! I'd love to see that done by a pro.

I'll try again to get down there, flying commercial -- assuming the weather doesn't throw a monkey wrench into the plan like it did last year!

Walt

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We can definatley do the rigging, that is always a good topic. Chris got a girl friend so we don't see him too much in a "work on the airplane" capacity. Greg (with the Smith Cub) is hoping to bring his project down and assemble it. Got some ideas but waiting to see what others want to bring. Been exploring lots more landing zones so hoping for good flying weather.

Post Thanks / Like

Great! That further solidifies my goal of flying down. Will be great to help Greg on his project and I definitely hope to get some more bar hopping in! Maybe there will be some spots long enough for a Pacer to get in and out of but if not maybe there will be an open seat in a Super Cub, had a blast doing it last year!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

We will let you make the decision on length but should have plenty of seats available as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Steve
    Have you hooked up with any local hotels for deals and is there a daily cost for the seminar?
    Possible very short notice business trip to Fort Worth and Denver on the cards! If I work fast I have the possibility of arranging it so I can do 13th - 17th before I go on to Denver.
    Cheers
    HunterJ