Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bungee Boot

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Bungee Boot

Pictures would be soooooooo great. I am a visual learner. As well as a &%$#*& slow one.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok. Remember, It only covers the hydrosorbs and the bungees. Not any frame. Contrary to what some have done, I put the cutout one the rearward side. The reason is that it seems to fit there, and it's much too large to go on the front flap side and be able reduce any drafts. Then I put the uncut side towards the front. Then I put a a single slice up the front to clear the flap handle. The front and back snap together on both sides creating a little tent. The strings get cinched closed at the top.
    I'm convinced it was designed by the same Knucklehead that designed the sliding seats.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

OK, thanks!!! Those pics are great. Just re-read the whole thread, after receiving those two covers from Univair. Guess I know what I'll be doing when the hangar gets warm enough to work in. Looks like it'll be a lot easier if the seats are removed, yes?

I'll post some pics of my own when I'm done (don't hold your breath) so others can see how mine turned out.

Walt

Post Thanks / Like

Pro tip:
    Thread a large, long tywrap thru each upper sleeve where the string would go, arranged head to tail.
    Then after you have the bottoms screwed to the floor and the snaps coupled, mate the tywraps together, just tight enough - but not too tight, so you can maybe shift the heads into the sleeves!
    It's possibly easier than trying to tie those strings in that tight space in the cluster.

GG
    Glen Geller
    1955 PA22-150 "One For Papa!"

Post Thanks / Like

Well, Glen, you were absolutely right -- it was MUCH easier using nylon ty-wraps! Highly recommend that to anyone who attempts to install those bungee boots. I actually connected --loosely-- the ends on the left side (and fastened those two snaps) before I tucked it back into position behind the bungees and in front of the battery box.

Mine seemed to fit the way they were supposed to, but the rear section really didn't have a lot of "overlap" onto the floor -- so there are no screws there. Yet. Maybe never. I'll see how that works out. On the front side, no problem -- there was about 1.5" of overlap to lay flat on the floor, and I was easily able to get a couple screws in there on both the left and the right.

And yes, those two Univair pieces were fine, with the large cut-out to fit over that aluminum channel that covers... something... in the back, and I hadn't noticed it before, but there was a slot cut into the front piece to clear the flap handle's locking part.

So here's what it looks like now (I did trim off those ty-wraps):

DSC01548.JPG DSC01552.JPG DSC01553.JPG DSC01557.JPG
    Last edited by walt.buskey; 02-07-2024 at 03:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone have measurements of the bungee boot covers and the control column boot?