Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: By the way, you can fit a Tri-Pacer into a Uhaul truck.

Post Thanks / Like

Default By the way, you can fit a Tri-Pacer into a Uhaul truck.

In case anybody asks.

LoadedUhaulPacer.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: By the way, you can fit a Tri-Pacer into a Uhaul truck.

Wow!
    And other stuff too!
    How long does it take to pack it up? 19? 22? 24 foot truck?

Any reason you can think of that someone would want to put it in the u haul?

Post Thanks / Like

Love it. Looks like a project.
    "You can only tie the record for flying low."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad I bought a flying project...

Post Thanks / Like

26-foot moving truck. Arrived at the airport at about 1, it was about 11 when we drove off - that doesn't count the inspection, evaluation, and "GA community involvement" time; I'd say 4-5 hours to remove the elevator, rudder, and wings, another 1-2 hours to get it and the wings up and into position and tied down adequately, and a bunch more time throwing all the other stuff from a time-capsule hanger into the truck.

Moving it from KCBB to KTSP to work on it, this is my project plane. Currently a PA-22-135, definitely not airworthy, fabric in decent shape but needing some TLC.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

How far of a trip is that? I couldn't find KCBB. Everything ride ok? Welcome to the fold, lots of fun times ahead of you getting it flying again.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything seems to have ridden fine - after unloading everything, building some wing cradles, and looking everything over I can't find any real damage. KCCB is Cable Airport, in Upland CA - basically part of the LA metro area - so about 130 miles or so.

Glad to have something of my own to work on - I'm an IA, do annuals on a pacer and a tri-pacer, now I guess I'll add another to the mix. I've got a lot of decisions ahead of me - it's a 22-135, I'll be putting it on her tail and putting a bigger engine in it, but not sure in what order and what engine! Also planning on completely redoing the wiring system top to bottom with modern wiring, appropriately sized, and not sure what I'm gonna do with the instrument panel - it's the shorty, and I want to keep it that way, and minmalist instruments (plus an ipad) until I decide when/if to do the big BIG stuff (going experimental/producer and glass cockpit).

Post Thanks / Like

That sounds like a great project for you, love the plans you have for it....If your listening to the peanut gallery, I say 180 HP fixed pitch prop

You'll have to keep us updated on your progress, with pics and everything.....Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheepaero View Post
    26-foot moving truck. Arrived at the airport at about 1, it was about 11 when we drove off - that doesn't count the inspection, evaluation, and "GA community involvement" time; I'd say 4-5 hours to remove the elevator, rudder, and wings, another 1-2 hours to get it and the wings up and into position and tied down adequately, and a bunch more time throwing all the other stuff from a time-capsule hanger into the truck.

Moving it from KCBB to KTSP to work on it, this is my project plane. Currently a PA-22-135, definitely not airworthy, fabric in decent shape but needing some TLC.
    You are clearly a person who values a shortwing piper. Very cool.

Thanks for your efforts to restore the plane and your effort to inform us, really.
    -Subsonic

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blacksheepaero View Post
    Everything seems to have ridden fine - after unloading everything, building some wing cradles, and looking everything over I can't find any real damage. KCCB is Cable Airport, in Upland CA - basically part of the LA metro area - so about 130 miles or so.

Glad to have something of my own to work on - I'm an IA, do annuals on a pacer and a tri-pacer, now I guess I'll add another to the mix. I've got a lot of decisions ahead of me - it's a 22-135, I'll be putting it on her tail and putting a bigger engine in it, but not sure in what order and what engine! Also planning on completely redoing the wiring system top to bottom with modern wiring, appropriately sized, and not sure what I'm gonna do with the instrument panel - it's the shorty, and I want to keep it that way, and minmalist instruments (plus an ipad) until I decide when/if to do the big BIG stuff (going experimental/producer and glass cockpit).
    Sounds like a great project!

Glad you posted. Now that Jason Perkins moved back east I've been looking for a new IA that knows Pacers and is located in SoCal.