Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Picture with headliner removed

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Picture with headliner removed

Here’s my version...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Here’s my version...

Nice Mark.

I had to laugh when though of you and social distancing, you know up in Platnum. We need a little humor in this not laughing matter.

Take care brother.

Rocket

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mmoyle View Post
    Here’s my version...

Mark, Great looking interior. What seats are those? They look really nice. My skinny old ass needs some padding like those have. I went with fabric in my baggage compartment because it's what the factory did, and I don't really plan on hauling items that will require aluminum shielding. Hopefully.image1.jpeg

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, did you finish the out the skylight trim using Kydex? I noticed the headset jack form.

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by J Ryd View Post
    Mark, did you finish the out the skylight trim using Kydex? I noticed the headset jack form.

Sent from my SM-G892A using ShortWingPipers.Org mobile app
    0.028” Kydex to cover the aileron cross connect. The wing root covers are either 0.025” or 0.032” 2024T3

Post Thanks / Like

Mark, Great looking interior. What seats are those? They look really nice. My skinny old ass needs some padding like those have. I went with fabric in my baggage compartment because it's what the factory did, and I don't really plan on hauling items that will require aluminum shielding. Hopefully.

Seats are custom...I used Rockets walking foot sewing machine. Leather is soft, supple....some really good chit!

Post Thanks / Like

Airtex wants $398 for a headliner and Spruce wants $175. (wool) Does anyone have experience they'd like to share? Is the Airtex worth more than double the A-spruce option? Also wondering about zippers for inspection/access to aileron pulleys, etc. Do they have nice zippers? Thx.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know of another source for interior upholstery kits for a PA22? I'm talking about front and rear seat kits and front side panels. Airtex is the only one I'm aware of now. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Subsonic View Post
    Airtex wants $398 for a headliner and Spruce wants $175. (wool) Does anyone have experience they'd like to share? Is the Airtex worth more than double the A-spruce option? Also wondering about zippers for inspection/access to aileron pulleys, etc. Do they have nice zippers? Thx.
    I installed a wool AirTex headliner. The guys at AirTex that installs these regularly walked me thru the installation and follow up questions on the phone cumulatively for more than an hour. AirTex had great customer service. That is worth something plus the headliner was made with quality wool and brass zippers.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I have been using Airtex since 1965 and have been very happy with their products over the years. Are they as good as a custom interior NOOOOOOOOOOO. But they do not charge the same.
    I still have my Airtex Re-Covering 1965 Manual total of 27- 5"x7" pages that I used to recover my 7AC Champ in 1966. Yes that is correct they sold Dope and Cotton Fabric in the 60s along with interiors