Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NARCO MK12 D/E displays

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: NARCO MK12 D/E displays

To Homer's point:
    A Navy Chief came off a flight and told me to "change the variometer". I did just that.
    The next day they flew again. He came back and said the system didn't work. " didn't you check it out and trouble shoot it?" " no, you didn't tell me check it and trouble shoot it, you told me to change the the variometer ( a six hour job) so I did."
    from then on it was " trouble shoot the system and fix it" from him.
    Last edited by Gilbert Pierce; 06-21-2015 at 07:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Homer
    I am having display problems with my Narco MK12D and would like to do what you suggested. I'm not sure when you posted your post but did everything work out OK for you and are you still happy with the display you bought from DigiKey.
    Thanks
    Bob Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Landreth View Post
    Just as an FYI, If you or anyone you know needs a new Display for their NARCO MK 12 D/E you don't need to pay Ebay "vulture pricing" for someone's surplus. DigiKey www.digikey.com has new manufacture.
    Part number 541-1413-ND is available for $132.00. (as opposed to Ebay $220.00 plus $20.00 for shipping). Installation is delicate but not hard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RV6a guy View Post
    Hi Homer
    I am having display problems with my Narco MK12D and would like to do what you suggested. I'm not sure when you posted your post but did everything work out OK for you and are you still happy with the display you bought from DigiKey.
    Thanks
    Bob Stewart
    I'm not Homer, but I bought a display for our MK 12 D from DigiKey and I'm very happy with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Homer I'm having the same problem you describe with my Narco MK12D and was wondering if you are still pleased with the DigiKey fix you recommended.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll order it and hopefully this fixes my problem.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jim
    Thanks for your advice. I bought the digital display from DigiKey and installed it. It is working great.
    Bob Stewart

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RV6a guy View Post
    Hi Jim
    Thanks for your advice. I bought the digital display from DigiKey and installed it. It is working great.
    Bob Stewart
    Bob,
    Glad I was able to help. They are VERY fine folks for sure.