Welcome! Becoming a registered user of ShortWingPipers.Org is free and easy! Click the "Register" link found in the upper right hand corner of this screen. It's easy and you can then join the fun posting and learning about Short Wing Pipers!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, I gotta know right Now!, do you Lo...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok, I gotta know right Now!, do you Lo...

So, the question eating me right now is what is the best intercom solution for a Tri-Pacer? There's lots of info on this site about line routing and I can use that. I am using a portable unit now, and it only works for the two front seats. I want a FOUR SEAT SOLUTION MOUNTED IN the plane. Thanks in advance and Happy New Year coming soon. Name brand please!
    -Subsonic

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ok, I gotta know right Now!, do you Lo...

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...es/spa-400.php

Installed a bunch of these.. easy install, nice and clear communication, music input availability..

Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Ok, I gotta know right Now!, do you Lo...

Quote Originally Posted by stevesaircraft(Bri) View Post
    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...es/spa-400.php

Installed a bunch of these.. easy install, nice and clear communication, music input availability..

Brian
    Yep have one too- works great

Post Thanks / Like

I've got the PS Engineering PM1000 I'm happy with. Not sure how it compares with Sigtronics?
    https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catal...ges/pm1000.php

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Had the Sig for 10 years now, wouldn't change it. I only have 1 outlet in the back seat. Can't remember the last time I had 4 on board.
    -Super Stub-

Post Thanks / Like

We installed the Sigtronics a few years ago after our original PS Engineering unit failed. We've been pretty happy with it and the music input is nice on longer flights.

...the next question is going to be where did place the rear jacks?

We put ours recessed in the hat shelf. Seemed to be the safest so they don't get bumped/kicked. However I know others have done the rear heater duct, ceiling or side panels.
    “Seek advice but use your own common sense.”
    ― Yiddish Proverb

Post Thanks / Like

What Brian said in post #2. Had a PS Engineering but replaced it with the Sigtronics about 10 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all. Sigtronics it is.
    -Subsonic

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quick disclaimer before everyone starts laughing at the Garmin fan boy post. I have just started longer trips in my Trip-Pacer. I take my wife and two boys, 10 and 8 with me. A few of you may have met them at Oshkosh this summer. I had a floor mounted four place Intercomm for the longest time. Needed something better. Looked around and the options. Looked at Sigtronics. I ended up buying the GMA 345 from Garmin. Why... One stop solution for the existing Audio panel that was failing. Bluetooth for my devices. Nice to have the wife make hotel reservations as our plans change. Nice to listen to my own music while isolating the passengers. Nice to isolate two boys while landing at a busy airport. With the installation, we re-laid Intercomm wiring. I have posted the process on the Facebook. I can post here if wanted. Hardwired pilot and co-pilot positions in the panel. Ran two sets of wires to the back hat rack under the passenger seats to the back side of the baggage compartment. Had a male/female splitter installed so we could still remove the hat rack. Did a two place jack for the back seat with and installed MP3 jack. Lot of work to get there but I am also planning on going IFR on my panel and this was step one. Has paid off in spades for me. And an added bonus is that the GMA 345 has a USB charging port that I use for my iPad while inflight.

Greg

Post Thanks / Like

Late to the party.....but I have the Sigtronics one as well, 4place jacks and it works great, never any troubles.