Dome light lens removal

Just pop’s off. It’s a GE89.

There are LED replacements that you can get. I put a red one in there and use it at night. It’s great it lights up my whole panel so you can see the markings.

Check Amazon for aero-lites.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The lens is held on by four small metal clips. Just carefully pull down on the lens. Be careful as the plastic is getting old and brittle. The bulb in our aircraft is a GE-89.
N2709P

I thought I saw the white plastic dome light cover available as a low wing Piper part somewhere? I cracked mine trying to mount a GoPro foot on it. Bad move.

Thank you,I didn’t want to keep pulling if i was wrong. i’m ordering 3 #89 leds for dome and other two interior lights and #93 for rear position.

Pretty sure mine came off easily once when I was looking at it. On a slightly different note, is there any reason to keep the speaker that's up there?

Pretty sure mine came off easily once when I was looking at it. On a slightly different note, is there any reason to keep the speaker that's up there?
Pretty easy to get it off. Having it not crack so you can put it back up, that's the hard part. Ask me how I know.

Back