Piper PA-16x Clipper for Sale - Sold

Winnipeg, Canada
I am selling my 1949 Piper PA-16x Clipper. Asking CDN$20,000.
I have owned it since 2014 and moved into Owner Maintenance April 2021 when my AME retired.
Please note that Owner Maintenance aircraft cannot be exported to the US so this is for Canadians only.

Total Time: 4024.4
Engine: Lycoming O-235 C1, 108 HP, Take-off (5 min) 115 HP
Engine Total Time: 3070.4
Time since Major Overhaul: 2357.0
Time since Top Overhaul: 656.3 (4 new Lycoming cylinders)

Univair Sealed struts with 5/8” forks
ABI 3200 Tailwheel and Fork Assembly
Grove disc brakes
Garmin GTR225 com radio
Becker ATC4401-1-175 Transponder
uAvionix AV-30-E Primary Flight Display
Garmin G5 Exp Primary Flight Display for co-pilot
Electronics International OPT-1 Oil Pressure/Temperature gauge
Artex 345 406 MHz ELT

Included is a fuel tank for the right wing that can be installed to get rid of the 12 gallon cabin tank. Installing the right wing tank is also required for the O-320 engine upgrade which would be a pretty good plan considering how many hours are on the engine although it runs great right now.

Reason for selling: I finished building my Rans S-21 which is basically a modern all metal version of the Clipper so I am flying it now instead.

1717811515059.jpegPA16 (3).JPGPA16 (4).JPGPA16 (5).JPGPA16 (6).JPGPA16 (7).JPGPA16 (8).JPG

Last edited:
Congrats on the S-21. A friend here built one as well. Nice airplane.

More pics will get it sold
More pictures are coming. I decided to post what I had before I changed my mind about selling it. I really love this plane and am more concerned about finding it a good home than I am about the money I may get for it. I was going to post it for sale in April but I took then it for a post-maintenance flight and fell in love all over again so I didn't.

I worked on a wr
More pictures are coming. I decided to post what I had before I changed my mind about selling it. I really love this plane and am more concerned about finding it a good home than I am about the money I may get for it. I was going to post it for sale in April but I took then it for a post-maintenance flight and fell in love all over again so I didn't.arbird shop in Breckenridge Texas a
I worked on Howard Pardue's warbirds many years ago. He had a Sea Fury, Bear at, Corsair, Wildcat, Staggering, L4 and a T6. He came in the shop and said he was going to sell the T6. He washed it and of course he had to fly it to dry it off. Came back after he landed and said he wasn't selling it. That happened several more times. ;)

What is wrong with it, other than the hi time engine? You are only asking peanuts for it if its an airworthy airplane

Mine is part of my

What is wrong with it, other than the hi time engine? You are only asking peanuts for it if its an airworthy airplane

Mine is part of my
Nothing wrong with it except for the high time engine. It may go another 500 hours before it needs work but that's just a bonus for the buyer.

Back