Possible Rudder Airworthiness Directive

What's the latest on this? Mine is getting replaced regardless due to corrosion issues, but I still want to keep up on the insider track on this as the shop I work at maintains a ton of of Piper PA series!

Talked to my local FSDO rep. a couple weeks ago and asked her if she has heard anything and she said no. But also said she wouldn't be surprised to see it go thru. And she has a vested interest since she has a TriPacer.

No word. When there is it will be posted immediately. I am a pessimist and don't believe it will go through.

The latest is that is has been passed around in the FAA and nobody wants to deal with this. We have Senators also addressing the FAA on your behalf. Currently it resides with the chief of aircraft certification, and no action expected before October 2024.

The latest is that is has been passed around in the FAA and nobody wants to deal with this. We have Senators also addressing the FAA on your behalf. Currently it resides with the chief of aircraft certification, and no action expected before October 2024.
Thanks Steve, good to have the right people on our side

No word. When there is it will be posted immediately. I am a pessimist and don't believe it will go through.
Steve,
From the perspective of the SWP owner...I believe that your doubt about the FAA adopting this AD, makes you an optimist! Or, am I being too optimistic my own self?!
Thanks go out to all the "experts" who have put forth a great amount of effort to defeat this ill-conceived AD.

Back