Tri-Pacer Exhaust options

WebRuss

Non-Member
Hello All
1955 PA22-150 I'm continuing the restoration and one of the most recent discussions with the mechanic revolved around the exhaust system. I noticed there are some companies making some aftermarket exhaust systems for PA18 and PA20s... I wondering if anyone has mated one onto their PA22 Tri-Pacer? If so what did you use and how was the process? I did find a few old threads but the pics are no longer loading.

Regards
Russ

Best I know none of the aftermarket exhausts fit with the nose gear. Not 100% sure, but I do know the Sutton will not fit unless you convert to tailwheel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the Leading Edge exhaust fit the TriPacer. Not sure if they are available currently.

Only option I know is stock. Too many people had fitment issues on the Pacer, I can only imagine on the Tri-Pacer.

My ‘57 PA-22 converted to tailwheel has a Twin Comanche exhaust system (IO-320) according to the logbooks. It looks and feels like a robust and well mounted system to me. I am not an engineer or mechanic and don’t know if that system would fit the Tri, but it might be worth investigating.

My ‘57 PA-22 converted to tailwheel has a Twin Comanche exhaust system (IO-320) according to the logbooks. It looks and feels like a robust and well mounted system to me. I am not an engineer or mechanic and don’t know if that system would fit the Tri, but it might be worth investigating.

Maybe a modified twinco, the stock twinco exhaust exits above where the bottom of your firewall bottom is, almost even with the bottom of the oil tank. The twinco nacelle has a tunnel for the exhaust. Mine has exhaust extensions with turn downs to get the heat away from the bottom of the nacelle. That’s an aftermarket mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back